File upload

Mar 10, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM

A very nice implementation, however I was wondering how file upload is meant to be handled.  I can create and add files to things like blogs, they all appear nicely in the storage blob.  What doesn't work though is attempting to directly upload files (such as scorms etc), as they give the error "Requested directory does not exist" on the build that I am using.

I will have a dig into it, but if you are aware of a way around this (or if it should actually work) then please let me know.

Well I've looked into this a bit more, rewritten the code quite heavily to allow for the file access, and rewritten the classes to allow unzipping, however I'm not convinced that this is a workable hosting solution for an actual moodle portal.  Learning content is usually uploaded as zipped content, and blob storage doesn't support unzipping directly.  Couple this with the inability to change the fast CGI timeout and you cannot really upload and unzip anything using the portal itself as it times out during the process.

Still a nice technical demonstration, just not useable for anything other than content delivery.  It wouldn't even be possible to backup and restore courses etc. without using an external tool to do so.